Living in the hustle and bustle of a college town has been
incredible. Packed schedules with classwork, meetings for different clubs and organizations,
and definitely finding time to socialize have made these past two months fly
by. But as much as I love this fun chaos, I’ve got to head home eventually.
Fall break will be the first time for me to go home since
move in day. Honestly, between the frequent phone calls from home and the
spontaneous Facetime calls from mom, I have still to catch a terrible case of
homesickness. However to appease my mother’s continual anxiety about everything
from my grades to walking alone at night it would be great if I could head home
early instead of going to class on Friday. Considering that I’m leaving right after
class anyway, I will most likely be bombarded with calls asking how much closer
I am to Charleston and you can only send your mom to voicemail so many times.
On another note, I’m catching a ride with a friend of a
friend who I heard is fairly impatient and will be ready to go at 2:30. I have
no sense of time and if I have to get from class to my dorm and from my dorm to
where we’re meeting I will most likely get there an hour too late. I have yet
to pack as suppressing a growing pile of homework is a higher priority. Having
some extra time before I leave to figure out what I want to bring home and to
clean up my dorm of perishable foods and any other trash would be really
convenient.
So please cancel class on Friday. I need Fall Break to last
as long as possible so I have enough time to relax and even more time to work
on all the ClemsonConnect assignments I haven’t looked at since August. And
just imagine how sour your sourpatch kids would be if you didn’t cancel class
on Friday; they would be so bitter you’d think they’d eaten a bunch of lemons.
Anyway, that’s a nightmare I would rather avoid.
No comments:
Post a Comment