I thought my paper went pretty well overall. I was struggling to hit the word minimum (I was six words over, heck yeah), so some areas where I went back in and "added" some information might seem fluffy, random, or pointless. I'll have to revisit those areas before I turn in the final copy.
From the advice you gave me on my thesis/intro I think I covered just about everything you suggested. I definitely addressed in great detail the irreversible damage to the environment that is occurring due to the use of nonrenewable resources such as coal. I also talked about what should be implemented in place of coal (solar energy) and why it currently is not. It seems as though my paper covers just about every major basis on the sustainable process (what is bad, why, and how to change it) in great detail.
After I turned in my outline and annotated bib and actually got to writing, I noticed I would need a few more credible sources to help write my paper. I found two additional credible websites from which I referenced information regarding the depletion rates of nonrenewable resources, and a quote from the National Energy Program Director of the Environmental Defense Fund.
Overall, I would give my paper a letter grade of B/B-. I think I have a good starting point but definitely still need to do some work to make my sentences flow better. One thing I was unsure of is how or where I was supposed to incorporate the photo in my paper. I just stuck it at the end and labeled it as "Figure 1". Also, I'm not quite sure if I have enough warrant to go with my claims and evidence. This is basically the most important part of the paper, and is what brings out my voice in the argument, so I definitely need to check and make sure I have enough of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment