Wednesday, October 10, 2012

But I need Friday, I need it or I will explode, that happens to me sometimes.


            Let us be frank, no one wants to go to class when they know that there was an option not to have it. Just being in class, in the back of everyone’s head, there will be a feeling of “Damn, we could have not had this class; I could be in Columbia spending time with my family; I could be having a nice round of golf; I could finally get some suspension work done on my Coronet. But no, instead I am sitting here listening to a lecture that could have been put off to Wednesday, or never, who knows.” And whose fault is it that we are stuck in a classroom? Ours, because we did not please you enough to have class cancelled. I speak for myself when I say that will be the least productive life form that ever existed Friday if I end up in Daniel 205 from 1:25 to 2:15. I’ll be like a three year old that just got bed timed while playing with Legos, limp ball of crying snot getting dragged across the floor.
            On a different note, there are the things that individuals in the class plan to do with their free Friday that they miss out on because of class. I personally have a laundry list of things I need to get done this Friday. For one, the closing night of a play showing at my high school is Thursday night. I was very involved with the drama program, having appeared in nine productions over four years, and it means a lot to me to be able to see their first show since I graduated. However, should I have to appear in class the day after I will have to miss it or make two round trips to Columbia this week; Gas is expensive, and my Acura is less than fuel efficient. Secondly, my old boss, a very good friend of mine, is leaving for a trip to Scandinavia Saturday morning and I would really love to see him before he goes. If that is not enough, I have quite the packed schedule this week end and having an extra day in Columbia would make a world of difference in allowing me some breathing room on my vacation.
~Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment