As much as I would enjoy attending english class at 1:25PM this Friday, our class as a whole will benefit from the cancellation of this said class period. While attending this class period would not be a problem for me, others in the class have already made travel plans that require this time period to either get ready to travel or to travel. Personally, I would save gas driving to campus and free up time on my crowded schedule to study and work on my research paper so that I can impress Ms. B (whom by the way does not look a day over twenty-five) with my writing. With procrastination becoming increasingly popular among college students, most teachers would laugh at the notion to study in place of a cancelled class period. However, this is not the case as I have nothing planned since I am supposed to be in class during that time period and all my friends are going to be gone for fall break as they already have had their classes cancelled. This leaves me with nothing to distract me from my studies.
More importantly, if class were not to be cancelled, class morale will be at a record low and our nickname "sour-patch kids" will be considered a compliment after class on friday before break. After this hypothetical class, our class will start off fall break on the wrong foot and might cause some of us to have a forgettable fall break which will ultimately result in us coming back to class after fall break in a mood worse than on Friday. Canceling class not only will prevent this from happening, but it will help all of us get out fall break started out on a positive note and get us in a bright and cheerful mood for the class after fall break.
No comments:
Post a Comment