Ms. B,
These past two weeks have been
nonstop schoolwork, interrupted briefly by practice, meals and phone calls to
my family and girlfriend. The college workload has proved to be rather
difficult to manage, particularly after an extended absence. As an athlete,
missing school to travel was and is definitely exciting but also comes at a
heavy cost: missing lectures, instruction and in-class work time on
assignments. Last week I missed all of Friday for a meet in Charlotte, NC. It
was pretty easy to do my homework on the bus rides but upon returning to
Clemson I was informed that my cousin had passed away and was offered the
opportunity to visit his family and attend his funeral for the remainder of the
weekend and Monday. While I am so grateful I was able to go, missing another
day of school put me so far behind in my classes that one week later I am still
working to catch up.
On
Friday I travel again, this time to Louisville, KY. My mom dad, all four of my
younger siblings, my girlfriend and one of my best friends from high school
will all be waiting for me there. This week I already have to make-up my
chemistry lab, and miss engineering on Friday altogether. If English class were
to be cancelled for Friday it would greatly ease my conscious knowing I will
have missed one less class than my classmates and don’t have to worry about
making up any work or getting even more behind than I already am. This
potential time saved will allow me to spend more time with my girlfriend that I
haven’t seen in over two months! My Calculus class has already been cancelled
so I won’t have to worry about any make-up work for that class and all I would
be missing (if English class is cancelled) is engineering. Missing only one
class this Friday while I travel to Louisville, KY to represent Clemson cross
country would really make the trip much more enjoyable and help me to represent
myself and the university with a stress-free and race-ready mindset. Also, you
make incredible brownies and your smile could melt the Grinch’s soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment