Thursday, October 25, 2012

suspense, intrigue, horror and words. mainly words. really just words.

letter from the author.
at around maybe 10 when I was watching the game with some friends I somewhat decided to not write this blogpost. my reasoning was pretty sound. It was 2-fold; 1. it was already 10 pm. and 2. I hate scary things, I dont watch scary movies, I dont go to scary places, I avoid scary topics of discussion, and I dont have friends who try to scare me cause the ones who have are either no longer my friends or dead (both of those reasons are a result of my actions though as those things occurred before i was 18 the particulars have been expunged.)  a few minutes ago I checked my email and noticed Ms. B had graciously cancelled class (regardless of reasoning it is a gift and I shall consider it as such) so I think it fair that I give her and you my classmates 300 words no matter how unscary(not a real word I know). and trust me they will be because I am too much of a sissy to even look up scary things online for inspiration so I will exaggerate something remotely frightening that happened to someone I know and lie for a majority of it, as is the way most great stories are born.

Its 1 A.M at Clemson University. "Goodnight Chris" Katherine says to her friend as the door of Manning makes that familiar locking noise as chris sets off on his short journey back to Johnstone. his boat shoes clop as he walks down the slopped entrance of manning, marveling at the crowd that is always infront of Wendy's. the sounds are familiar the occasion neglected child roaring for attention from the scantily clad slender women around him and his bros. doors to trucks are opened as clown car amounts of people pour out and stomp towards the glow that promises chicken nuggets. normally chris might sit down and just watch the tom foolery that goes on but hes tired tonight so he chooses to just walk back. as he passes Wendy's he comes to a fork and normally he chooses to walk through the parking lot to Johnstone but he always goes that way. he goes straight on the way to the library. as he just leaves the view of Wendy's he hears a shriek. he panics for a second and runs back and he sees a girl flailing in the air as  she's playfully lifted off the ground by her boyfriend. He scowls and turns back around. as he goes down the stairs the metal grips click when his feet hit them. he watches the grips make the sound and stops after that last one. He turns around to see who is behind him because he certainly heard a metallic click but he hadn't stepped. he stops for a bit just to listen but hears nothing and carries on. as he passes strode tower the lights buzz and go out leaving him in darkness. he looks up at the light "fricking public schools" he says dismissing it as coincidence. he slows down when he makes it to the bridge and he looks out over the pond. he stops and leans on the railing to look out at the amphitheater. he hears a clopping somewhere behind him. He turns around to look. Nothing. He looks down and sees nothing. he looks back to the pond and hears the clopping only lounder and faster. he feels a jolt and turns around and sees a familiar face with a smile but hes confused as to why the library is sinking into the ground. then he sees the sky and realizing hes falling. crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment