Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The lost and found

When you ask anyone what their worst fear could be, you usually get a hand full of the same answers, for the most part. Some of those common answers are skydiving, being dropped in the ocean with nothing or no one, snakes, spiders, being buried alive, and many others. These are all fears of anyone of any age, but the one fear that is also common that I didn't mention was a fear that I got to come in contact with when I was younger. That one fear that I faced and is any child's nightmare in being lost. This situation that i experienced isn't just being lost somewhere in a grocery store or being lost while driving with somebody. This was me being lost with nobody I knew, in New York City. I was with my family and when I decided to turn around to look at a shirt in one store we were in, my family had different plans. They decided to move on somewhere else down the street. When I turned around to move on with my family, they were gone. I quickly walked outside thinking they would be waiting on me outside the store and no they weren't there. I was younger and didn't have a cell phone so it was a while before I was found. I cant remember how long exactly it was and what exactly was going through my head but I do know it seemed like days that I panicked and cried. If you have ever experienced something like this, you will know the feeling of being lost. it feels like you will be gone forever and nobody cares about you and your situation. There are many stories that have been fearful to me throughout my life but this is one of the ones that strongly stands out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment