Monday, October 8, 2012

The Desire

I'm not going to lie to you Ms. B, I believe that I have the best reason for not going to class on Friday. This Friday, I will be getting ready to take a plane to see my girlfriend who I have not seen in about 4 months. Ever since she moved to Iowa to go to school there, we have been apart and it has obviously not been easy. However, while there are many struggles to a relationship like ours, there are many benefits and it pays to stay with someone who you know and love. Giving me the entire Friday to gather my thoughts and prepare for a more than needed reunion would calm my nerves about the travel there and make my day easier to cope with. The entire day I will be focusing on my flight later that day and will only be concerned with where I would be going after class rather than focusing on what I would be doing in class. There would be little chance of contributing to any type of discussion or classwork. Therefore, due to the lack of contribution or the fact that I will maybe not even show up on Friday if we do have class, we should not have class. Other than the fact that my mind is only going to be on my girlfriend, I need to pack and prepare for the traveling that night. I know that due to my procrastinating ways, I will be at most half packed when it comes to Friday afternoon. Having an extra 50 minutes to get my stuff together would greatly decrease my stress level. Whenever I fly on a plane I get extremely anxious and nervous. Having an entire day to compose myself, because all of my other classes have been cancelled, would greatly reduce my stress and therefore make my travel experience much greater. You have the power to reduce my stress and make my visit to my girlfriend who I have not seen in four months amazing. I'm hoping that you make the right choice and allow me to have an amazing day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment