Friday, October 26, 2012

Natural Darkness


Plenty of us have heard scary stories revolving around the supernatural, and the imaginary, but have you experienced an actual adrenaline rush from realities worst horrors? Back in my hometown where nature was part of society, and walking to destinations wasn’t odd, there was a section which my family owns a ranch you could call it. Nature at its finest, it almost resembled a rain forest with its humid atmosphere, constant fogginess, smell of different fruits and crops. Needless to say this place didn’t have all the protection and security that it should have, anyone could come in if no one was there to look over it. Night time was beautiful in town, although I couldn’t say the same for our ranch, there was no electricity and the nearest source of light was too far to be seen. Once it was late, and there was no light, the chances of even us within our large area of land wouldn’t be able to get out. Deep forest vines and trees leading to more confusing land would emerge, even through regular pasture this was a confusing adventure. Now this one time I was riding a horse, happy as can be, since horses usually were tame and wouldn’t wonder off into distances of no return. But not this time, I struggle and fail to get where I want and end up in part of the ranch I had never been to, I end up in a forest where it seems wildlife was uncontrollable. Night was already here, and nothing could be seen. Foolish me decided to get off the horse, which then ended up leaving me. Now I was lost in some spot which I didn’t have a clue about. All through the night I heard several different birds, weird gurgling sounds which I couldn’t identify. Night itself was my enemy. I decided to move around and try to find a way out. Then I hear movement, it looks like a human shape, but not entirely. I start speaking, when suddenly it shuffles and starts running towards me screaming. Turns out it was my brother looking for me. Good enough to be found, but never will I remember being lost in a forest of infinite darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment