Thursday, September 13, 2012

You Can't Hang With This, Am I "Wright"?


Ever since kindergarten, language arts has always been my least favorite subject. Among Language arts is both reading and writing. Although my reading skills still lack I feel my writing technique has shown much improvement during the past couple of years. I favor certain writing styles and techniques to make sure my college papers and other written material are thorough, clear, and exciting to read.
                Now I’m not one to write for fun but when giving a writing assignment (such as this one) I first determine whether it is opinionated or done purely from fact. I tend to write very well when expressing my own opinions and beliefs about a topic. Funny enough, when I get to write about myself, I am thrilled at what I get to write down and tend to write more thorough lengthy papers. Research papers, on the other hand, are not opinionated which practically bores me and results in a poor paper written.
                When I do write, I am always on a computer of some sort typing away. My handwriting is very sloppy and has been called horrific, so it is much more legible when technology does it for me.  While mashing the keyboard, I will often have some of my favorite tunes playing over my speakers through my iPod, because, ironically, I find it easier to write in a non-empty and noisy room. I am a very free thinking person and since I am expressing myself through my paper, I might as well express myself through a setting in which I write in.
                I am very passionate about my writing once I have my central ideas and setting right. Paper length doesn’t really intimidate me; however, some of this “fluff” my English professor describes does in fact take up a bit of space in my finished text. I am trying to the best of my ability to improve my writing more and more as I progress through school until I can be ready for when It will pay off in the future during a job.

-DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment