Looking back into my previous descents into the
realm of scripture, I see the peril of a raging whirlpool of thought sinking
all ideas into a state of spiraling confusion. Many were never found, but
shards of cumbersome ideas sank to the bottom of this realm. Wise men know to
ponder every route possible and avoid this mass of swirling turmoil which many
foolish procrastinators, like me, go into.
Most of my writing experience comes from AP
Literature/ Language class where weekly essays were a dreadful expectation, and
hours of reading a bombardment to my feeble mind. Only through this torture did
I realize the lethality of the word analyze. Unlike the fun and pleasant assignments
which I receive from Ms. Britenburg, writing hasn’t been a positive experience.
The maximum number of pages I remember from possibly the worst period of my
life was a sixteen page research paper.
Authors have their own personal background to writing;
in fact the previously mentioned research paper was about William Golding. Everything William Golding did, and how it
related to writing in general is a contrasting summary of the assignment. Source
validation, explorations inside of libraries and a constant struggle to
maintain sanity were some of the challenges of this expedition. In the end
Golding’s life was buried within cryptic passages inside the fortress of
knowledge.
During the long and strenuous war of writing what
keeps my morale up is the thought that there is still hope for the heavily
outmatched thoughts of intellect versus those of distraction and stress. More
than likely to avoid disturbance I will seek refuge inside a silent library. However
what usually occurs is the blank stare at the screen as my options become more
and more limited. Thought is not easy to organize, and much less to calm in the
state of emergency as the due date approaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment