Thursday, September 13, 2012

Successful Procrastination

While writing in high school was a requirement, I never seemed to have an issue writing anything that was ever assigned to me. Whether that be a research paper, creative writing assignment, or any other assignment, I always had a knack for sitting down and focusing on my writing. I always received fairly decent grades, and I never truly worked too hard on writing in the past. An example of this would be writing my senior speech in a matter of 2 hours (not the night before it was due) when it took others weeks to finish and get their ideas across. I don't know entirely why I am able to sit and focus so clearly on writing, but it seems to be one of the talents I have. Now, I'm not saying that my writing is going to be flawless and automatically make an A (which would be amazing), but I tend do do better when I'm pressed for time and need to get ideas across as quickly as possible. Another example would be writing a response to these blog posts. While I'm not waiting until the exact last minute, the night before it's due gives me an added boost and focus to my writing. Whether this is a detriment or an advantage is to be seen in a college setting.

Unfortunately, I have not had to write massively long papers, so I don't have any experience with having to sit down and write to that caliber. However, my experience has been extremely positive one when it comes to writing. I am normally able to get my thoughts down onto the paper, and do not normally struggle when I actually sit down and focus. Procrastination is normally a part of my formula for success when it comes to writing. Music gets me in the zone, and breaks every twenty minutes or so keep me from losing my mind. While writing is not my favorite thing to do in this world, I can normally sit down and crank out a pretty solid paper, no matter the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment