I am not sure how well you can tell from the picture, but
that is the periodic table symbol for lead on a man’s right foot. Get it? Lead
Foot? Well, I like it at least. This is from a fellow member of the Clemson
Sports car club and Clemson Alumni. Needless to say he loves cars more than
life itself and this is one of his ways of expressing that fact. The numbers on
the right have some personal significance, I don’t personally know what that is
and the 82 is the atomic number for Lead. Seeing the tattoo for the first time,
it takes a few seconds to register what it actually means. Even after I realized
the tat was on his foot it took a good two minutes to realize it meant lead
foot, as in “I like to press the gas hard when I drive” And he does, I got to
watch him take his BMW 335i on a 12.9 second quarter mile at the drag strip
last week. He also has the shift pattern of his Bimmer tattooed in reverse on
his right palm so it matches with the stick when he drives. Incidentally, the
lead is also on his right foot, which is the one you use to press the gas when
driving. I think this is the best kind of tattoo; it is clever and funny
without spelling the joke out. It is in a place that is easy to hide so he
doesn’t lose out on professionalism. It is not in a foreign language and it
legitimately has sentimental value. It is not just a bird flying past a tribal
symbol next to the Chinese characters that should read “love and honor”, but in
reality it says “Butt Pirate.” He likes cars to the point that he got it permanently
attached to him, tastefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment