Friday, September 21, 2012

Effects of a permanent tattoo

When most people get a tattoo, they often think of the moment and the awesomeness that would come along with having this cool or meaningful image attached to their body. The first question I have always asked about tattoos is "how will these people look when they become older". Although some tattoos may be thought out and well planned, few think about having tattoo when they are a grandparent or a senior citizen. Just like seen in this image. This old man's neck and shoulders are covered with flames and skulls. These objects show that this man could be have been crazy and edgy in his younger years. Although these tattoos may have been appealing to this man at a younger point in his existence, now these tattoos have stretched and faded throughout the years. Most do not associate tattoos with the older generations, but with the side effect of a tattoo being permanent, this man and many others are stuck with the lingering evidence of their wild childhood and early adulthood.
The meaning of a tattoo might have been significant and may still be significant, but I believe their has to be a better way to reveal one's passion with a certain image that doesn't involve placing it on the skin for permanent viewing by all. The process that removes a tattoo is very painful and may not completely erase the tattoo. For reasons like this, I do not planning on getting a tattoo ever in my life. There is not one image that I admire enough to place on my body permanently. As many of my colleagues got tattoos as they arose to the legal age, I could never find the purpose in going through the pain of getting a tattoo. Some people that are my age have already permanently changed the image of their skin. That's a crazy thought to me because I can not image making a life long decision like that. Maybe it's because I can be indecisive, or maybe it's because I'm scared of needles. A tattoo is something that I do not want when I'm older and a grandparent or senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment