In the past I have done many different types of writing. In my junior year of high school I took AP English and AP US History, both of which required lots of writing. In English we did all different types of writing to prepare for the exam and in History we did a lot of writing that required using outside sources and applying things that we learned. The most amount of pages that I have ever had to write is probably four or five pages.
Overall,
I would say my experience with writing in the past has been a mix of positive
and negative. I would say it has been
positive in the sense that I think I do a good job of coming up with ideas when
I am writing, but negative in the sense that I don’t always do the best job of
communicating those ideas. I think the
reason for this is probably largely due to my writing process. Normally I save any writing assignments I
have to do for last, doing all of my other homework first. The reason I do this is because most of my
other homework, such as math and science, usually takes less concentration. They are more just taking things I have
learned and applying them. Writing on
the other hand requires me to really focus on what I am doing, otherwise it is
difficult to get started. When I am
doing other homework I often watch TV or listen to music. Usually when I am doing English, I have to
turn off the TV. Sometimes I listen to
music, but that is usually after I am already in the middle of the writing process. I think writing is also difficult for me
because due to the fact that I save it for last, I usually just want to get it
over with so I can be done with my homework.
This causes me to rush my work, not taking the time to do the little things
that are really important to a successful paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment