Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Righting troubles.


Throughout my education I have had scatter moments of writing genius. By scattered I really mean like one time but my teacher thought what I wrote was really really good. Overall I would say I have had a pretty positive experience with writing.  I have done a few different types of writing I suppose. Research papers were an unfortunate part of my writing past and hopefully not apart of my writing future. The longest thing i have written was my 11th grade research paper on David Copperfield which was 10 pages. The research for that paper was really tedious especially because I had only read have the book so a good number of sources which i found through online databases and in the library were essentially foreign to me and I certainly would not be able to b.s my way through that paper. Thankfully I made a B on it so it all went better than I expected. coming back to what I mention in the beginning of this post the best writing I have ever done was probably in 10th grade english. It was essentially a test and we had to write 4 vignettes about events in our own lives. Naturally I tried to choose the most devastating experiences I had lived through and exaggerated them greatly. The best of the 4 vignettes was certainly the one about my experience with learning how to swim. My teacher was a terrible rotten human being so it was very easy to write well about her. My process for writing is usually the same. First I vomit out all the information I know I about the subject I am to write about. Second I organize those thoughts and lastly I check for grammer as this blog post will show I usually forget the last part. As for the actual writing I usually need complete silence but i am pretty good at concentrating so I can work with other people around me. Usually my Facebook is open when I write and not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment