Friday, September 14, 2012

Stuck in Procrastination


My experience with writing has changed over the years.  When I was I middle school, I loved to write.  In class I won several awards for my writing, as the teachers would send some away to be entered.  I even started writing my own book, although I admit it was not very good at all.  But then, as I entered into high school, I slowly began to hate writing.  It became a negative experience all around.  I hated my English classes in fear of having to write another essay.  Which led to the same feeling in my other classes as well.  I had papers due in my history classes, my science classes and in my math classes.  I even had a couple papers due in my art class.  One of those papers ended up being the longest paper I have ever had to write.  We had to choose an artist, create a self portrait in their style, and then write a twenty five page essay on that artist and their works of art.  The day that assignment was assigned was the first day I hated being in an art class.  That paper, as well as many of the other papers I’ve had to write, required a lot of research.  I think the main reason that I started to hate writing is due to the fact that I became a procrastinator.  In middle school, when I would get an assignment, I would start n it right away, and have it finished well before the due date and never have to be stressed about the essay like my classmates.  When I started high school that was a different story.  I would start assignments a few days after they were given to me, and eventually, I would try to write the whole essay the night before. That added a lot of stress to my writing process, and is probably why I do not like to write as much anymore.  I also do not seem to know how to keep myself from doing that.  I always tell myself that the next essay will be different, I will finish this one early, but I never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment