Thursday, September 13, 2012

Writing Prompt


I have never had any reason to dislike writing; in fact if it is about the right topic I rather enjoy it. I like to be able to put my thoughts on paper for other people to read. This way they are not only shared but stored information in order to have a hard copy of what I thought about something. I have always found writing to be a positive experience because everyone has their own style and ways of engaging themselves into writing. I myself have done a lot of different types of papers eight page research papers to one page narratives. From both of these I enjoyed writing them because the research paper helped me learn and the narrative allowed for me to be creative. I have had to do quite a bit of research papers through high school, and the only troublesome part I found about them was finding good information to support your thesis. Otherwise it all comes together nicely when you have the right direction.

When I start writing I like to put every idea I have down on paper to help me visualize the organization and possible topics to the paper. After that the words seem to come together in a natural flow and just continue typing out on the paper as the ideas come to my head. Once I am done transferring the information on paper, I will than go back and reread the work to be able to tell if I have written he right things. Than it becomes a weed out process of sentences and structures that I don’t like. I personally cannot write with much going on around me, I find it to distracting to be able to focus. There is one thing that I do, that is looking back at my old pieces of writing from middle school or early high school and read what and how I would write back than. It is nice to be able to see some familiarity, while at the same time seeing changes for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment