Thursday, September 13, 2012
My Writing Experience
Overall my writing experience has been alright. Although writing is not my favorite thing to do in the world, writing is something that I have gotten used to and have accepted as a part of learning. I have written many papers throughout my high school career with my biggest paper being a 4000 word, 14 page extended essay for the International Baccalaureate program. I wrote this essay my senior year, and it took over 10 hours to complete. This paper specifically was a research paper on the atomic bomb and it's necessity, but I have written many papers on many different topics over my school career. Most of the writing I have done has been analysis papers on certain events and opinions. Even though I have written many factual research papers, I have also written many fictional and creative papers as well. Mostly all of the papers I have done have required thorough use of sources and facts. I have had to do a lot of research for my previous papers, using both internet and book sources.
My writing process is something that varies between papers. Depending on the circumstances of the paper and my workload at that time, I write some papers way before they are due. In other circumstances I have found myself procrastinating to the day or night before the due date. If a paper is worth a large percent of my grade, then I will defiantly take the time to carefully plan and write the paper. I usually will write a large part of my paper quickly, then spend several minutes rereading and correcting my work. Depending on how big of a deal the paper is usually determines how much effort and preparation I put into the paper. Usually when I am writing, I will casually watch tv or sit with my family on certain circumstances, I will sit in complete silence and alone in order to complete a paper. My writing experience truly differs from paper to paper, and I usually find myself satisfied with the papers I complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment