Thursday, November 1, 2012
Tom's paper reflection
I think that my paper like most, had a lot of strong points, but lacked a few things too. I think that my background information on the subject of addiction was strong because I know a lot about it and I had read many sources on it. However, I think that my paper lacked a lot of integrated quotes from sources to help back up my information. The problem with my paper is I basically just used all the information in the article, but I completely put it into my words so I can’t count my information as quotes, but it is directly from the articles that I found. Another strong point in my articles is stating facts about the nature of videogame addiction and how it changes from excessive game-play to addictive. I lack good explanations with evidence from articles because it is hard to word exactly what I wanted to say so I just write it out as best as I can. Another strong point I have in my paper is including all the parts of my thesis within my paper in separate paragraphs and in an organized manner. A weak point in my paper is the introduction and the conclusion because I have a lot of trouble beginning and ending papers, but I try to set up a good lead to my thesis in both my introductory and conclusion paragraphs while summarizing what my paper is going to be about in my thesis and restatement of my thesis in the conclusion paragraph. My thesis is also a strong point because it really entails exactly what my essay is going to be about in a concise and effective manner. Overall I think that my paper is good, but I need to work on integrating more quotes, having better worded explanations, and improved introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment