Some of my points I thought were pretty good, however there is room for improvement with probably all of my points especially since it is a rough draft. Overall, I think my argument was fairly strong with several supporting claims and points. I would definitely say that I was confident during my analysis. Having some prior knowledge in this subject really helped me have a good idea of what some of my claims should be before I had to integrate sources to help support them. At first, I was not going to do my paper on video game violence because I wanted to do something I had little to no prior knowledge of. However, right away in the beginning processes of the research assignment I had already started to feel over my head and decided it would be very beneficial to me if I picked a topic that I had some prior knowledge of. With my rough draft finished, I can say that don't regret picking this topic at all because it made the assignment easier and I improved my knowledge on the subject at the same time.
Friday, November 2, 2012
Research Paper Reflection
In my research argument paper I argued that video game violence is wrongly portrayed as being harmful and leading to real world violence, and that it is not to blame for real world violence. I wanted my paper to sound confident with each claim that I made by using multiple sources to support my claims and thoughts. Using logic paired with the sources I found helped ensure that my claims were strong. Specifically my strong points were pointing out the flaws in claims made against video game violence such as not accounting for competitiveness or difficulty and problems with using a high base rate activity (violent video games) to explain a low base rate activity (youth violence). Also, the point about the calming effect that games can have was very supportive to my argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment