While writing my research paper, I ran into a few obstacles that were extremely hard to overcome. First off, when doing my research, I found out that it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to find articles about such a specific topic. There were articles about the general idea of ADD and ADHD or articles about video game addiction, but very few that put them together in the same article. Secondly, when writing my paper I felt as if my structure was unclear. I feel as if I led readers in a certain direction, but then changed what I was writing about and it just got confusing. I sincerely struggled with putting this paper together. While I had the research and data to back up all of my main points, I had a hard time putting all of that information into the paper. I feel as if some of the points that I am trying to make by placing in my research fall short because the lead in to the quotes or paraphrases is just not up to par with what I am capable of writing.
Also, my paper takes confusing turns at points that I only realized after I was done with writing everything out. At one moment I seem to be losing track about what i should be talking about and start talking about how ADD medication is a widely popular drug. The point I was trying to make was that the use of video games and other technologies of the sort may lead to an unwanted lifestyle where one sells their medication illegally in order to make a profit. The point may seem irrelevant right now in my rough draft because I did not make the connecting sentence about the two topics. In my next draft, I am going to make sure that all of my points are fully fleshed out and that I think about the placement of every single sentence. My rough draft was rough, but my final draft will be impeccable.
No comments:
Post a Comment