Friday, November 2, 2012
paper reflection
Writing papers has never been one of my stronger attributes in life, and certainly never been something that I really enjoy. This has been a pretty big problem growing up, since you write about five papers every single year since you are like ten years old. This past paper that we were assigned to due was not the longest paper that I have ever written, but it was definitely up there with not only the longest papers that I have ever written, but also one of the hardest papers I have ever written. It was hard for me because of the length of the paper. I tend to struggle writing a lot because I like to just be short and sweet, and get the point across from the beginning. The topic that I chose to write about (college athletes, specifically football players, should be able to receive some sort of payment for being on the team and helping to produce a massive amount of money for the athletic program) was a little bit easier for me to research and write because it was a familiar topic and it was also something that I enjoy. Sports has always been a huge part of my life, so I strongly enjoyed researching my topic and learning more about it. I think knowing a lot about my topic before researching was a positive thing and probably the reason I somewhat enjoyed this paper. I started my paper a good bit earlier this time and that made it a lot easier to think and get the paper done. It is almost impossible to cram an 8 page paper in the night before, and still get a good grade. Also, having an outline was definitely a key factor in this paper as well. It seems like a pain to have to do all these bibliographies and then have to do this long outline, and then on top of that an 8 page paper, but it actually really helped out when you are writing the paper. It helps you to stay organized and keeps a solid structure of the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment