Too be completely honest, I came into this class
thinking it was going to be the worst class ever. I thought this because I
typically don’t like English classes at all. I remember being very surprised
during the first week of school because I actually started to somewhat enjoy
the class for some reason. This made me really excited because it is always
awesome when you enjoy going to class. As the year went on, I enjoyed the class
more and more. There were several reasons to why I think I started liking it
more. The first reason is because the class became closer and more comfortable
with each other. I got to know some of the people in the class and this really
does help, because it becomes more of a relaxing and comfortable environment.
Another reason is because of our teacher, Ms. B. It was really nice to have a
professor that was actually enjoyable to be around and cared about not only our
grades, but also us as individuals. Well this is what I thought at least and I hope
I’m right! She was not too much older than us so that helped because we were on
the same page about most stuff and that was really nice. Those were a few
things that I enjoyed about the class, but the things that I didn't enjoy too
much is not that shocking. Some of the things that I did not like at all were
the papers and blogs, of course. I’m not going to complain much about them
though because I know deep down inside that they are actually very helpful.
There aren't too many people that I know that actually like to write or type
papers for fun and if you do, you are just weird. No matter what you do when
you are older, you are going to need to be able to communicate effectively, and
part of communicating is writing and speaking, which is what we practiced this
semester. The papers we had were manageable for me because we were able to
choose the topic that we wrote about for the most part so that really helped me
to get through the long and dreadful papers. My favorite graded assignment of
the year was definitely the project at the end of the semester that we just
finished and presented. This was good chance to make something and be creative,
and actually enjoy doing it. The only other grades that we had I think are the
blog posts and those were not too bad. The only hard part for me was remembering
to do them! Which is why I’m writing this last blog post at the last minute,
with grace from Ms. B! Overall, I really did enjoy this class and learned how
to be a better writer and communicator. I know my grammar and writing wasn't perfect
for this blog post but that’s just because I’m typing like I’m talking, so
sorry about that. Thank you Ms. Britenburg for all you did for me and us this
semester. I can honestly say it was my favorite class. Hopefully see you around
campus! Thanks again!
No comments:
Post a Comment