This past semester has been my favorite English class
ever. The classroom dynamics kept
everyday interesting and held my attention.
I was even able to make a few friends that I do not think I will forget
because of how the dynamics of the class worked. I also found the time to complete the
assignments were a reason I enjoyed the class.
It allowed me to be able to write a better assignment while still being
able to keep up with all of my other assignments in my other classes. This lessened the stress I had when
assignments were due. I also learned to
better my writing skills. I was
definitely not expecting an ‘A’ on the first paper, but I received one. I also liked the ability to have huge class
discussions. That was helpful for me to
learn how to be able to form an argument well and also gave me a good laugh
from time to time. I was pleasantly
surprised to see how much I liked going to my English class for once. English has always been one of my worst
subjects and those classes always seemed to drag on and on. However, I did not feel that way in this
class, the fifty minutes seemed to be over with before they even started. Another beneficial aspect of this class was
having to use the library. Without this
class and the various projects needing research and library resources, I
honestly do not think that I would have entered the library. I would have gone on to other classes needing
to do research and left to do it on my own; I would have tried to do all of my
research on my computer without trying the library once. One thing I would like to have possibly changed
is the amount of grades. Doing poorly on
one project could possibly keep a student from being able to pull their grade
up to a higher grade. Even though I admit
to not really reading much, I think the pop quizzes should have been graded for
a real part of the grade, and not just for extra credit. Once we all learned after the first quiz that
it was only extra credit, I think we all had that mindset that we did not have
to really read because it was not really going to affect our grade very
much. I also wish that we would have had
more intellectual group debates. The
topics we had made the class really fun and entertaining, and maybe that would
have been a good idea for the first one to get us used to the debate technique,
but a more serious topic in the class would have probably benefited us more in
the long run. That would probably have
helped us to be able to form better arguments during out research paper. Overall, I thought this was a pretty good
class. The time I spent in the class
helped me grow as a writer and as a better student and researcher. I do not really have many things that I would
change to this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment